Tags: Religious Groups, People with Allergies, Ethnic Minorities, Dietary Restrictions
Making sure that your attendees have something they can eat at mealtimes is an important element of building an inclusive and welcoming conference.
- ✅ Common dietary needs to plan for:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Pork free
- Shellfish free
- Soy free
- Nut free - especially peanut (this is usually a serious allergy so take extra care)
- 🍎 Ask your caterer to create and provide labels with lists of ingredients for each dish.
- Best to have a sign/small label in front of each dish with a list of ingredients and common labels (e.g. "gluten-free, vegan, includes peanuts").
- 🍎 Make sure to include a variety of beverages, in particular non-alcoholic and non-caffeinated.